Kent Test 11Plus Test 4 Book
Kent Test Paper 4 Book. Covers all of the required sections in the 11+ entrance test paper for schools covered by the Kent Test, Reasoning (Verbal, Non Verbal & Spatial) and Maths & English.
High quality A4 size with robust covers and spiral bound so sits easily on your desk. Includes answers and additional answer sheets.
Available on back-order
|Kent Test Premium level members receive 10% discount off Swot Books||1 - 999||10 %|
Sold By: 11PlusSwot
The Kent Test 1 Book, covers all of the required sections in the Kent Test 11+ entrance test paper - Reasoning (Verbal, Non Verbal & Spatial) and Maths & English.
The Kent Test comprises 3 sections:
- Section 1 - Reasoning
- Section 2 – Maths & English
- Section 3 – Writing Task (not marked but may be used in borderline cases) Not part of this paper.
The number of questions and time allowed for this paper are as follows:
- Section 1 – Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning – 32 questions in 20 minutes (plus 10 minutes practice)
- Non Verbal Reasoning – 30 questions in 15 minutes
- Spatial Reasoning
- Figure Analysis – 10 questions in 5 minutes
- Figure Recognition – 10 questions in 5 minutes
- Section 2 – Maths & English
- Maths – 25 questions in 25 minutes (plus 5 minutes practice)
- English – 25 questions in 25 minutes (plus 5 minutes practice)
Our full length tests are similar to the real Kent Test question count and timings.
Guidelines to marking:
- Some questions may have more than 1 valid answer, use your discretion in determining compatible answers.
- Only one mark for each correct answer.
- Do not deduct marks for incorrect answers.
- NO half marks should be given.
- Do not give any marks if the answer has not been entered on the answer sheet (even if there is a correct scribbling on the question paper), as it is important your child gets used to filling in the answer sheet accurately.
- Use a HB pencil to mark your answer.
- If you make a mistake DO NOT CROSS out your answer, you must rub out the incorrect answer.
Remember to mark you answer correctly, for example if the answer is B place a single line through the letter B:
The test should not begin until after the child has filled in their details and read the instructions. Make a note of the number of minutes allowed and stop the exam at that point and this helps them get used to the idea of working to a deadline.
You may wish to let your child finish the paper for practice after this time though. It is useful to keep a note of the mark achieved and how far through the paper your child gets in the time allowed, as this will help you can build up a picture of improvement as the weeks go on.
After The Test
After marking the papers, it is very important to remain positive and supportive. Talk through the paper with your child, explaining their mistakes, working out the correct answer together, applauding their successes and remaining encouraging throughout as this will help your feel better supported and engaged.
Feedback could also include rewards – children tend to be motivated by treats – so why not set targets for increased practice or increasingly better results – but be sensible and realistic and watch your child thrive!
PDF Download Version
Also available in PDF Download form from our 11PlusSwot shop.
Kent Test 11Plus Paper 1 Preview
|Dimensions||30 × 22 × 0.7 cm|